Terrace Park Swim & Tennis Club COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
No swim and tennis club in the US, to our knowledge, has had to deal with conditions like those we are facing now. Patience and communication are going to be needed as we all work together to learn the best ways to safely and effectively operate this season. Things will be different this year and we need your cooperation and understanding.
The Terrace Park Swim & Tennis Club has set up guidelines to comply with the Governor’s and Hamilton County’s COVID health & safety protocols as well as those provided by the USTA and US Swimming.
Starting June 1st, we will implement the following policies at the TPSTC.
(Please note that every week the Board of Directors will be re-evaluating our policies and procedures and, as needed, they will be adjusted to incorporate what has been learned.)
- Per state guidance, there will be a headcount cap in effect. Based on the square footage of deck space available, at no time will we permit more than 125 members in the facility at one time. Additionally, there will be limits how many people can be in the water of the three pools at any one time as well. The cap for the baby pool is 8, the main pool is 47 and the lap pool is 41.
- No Guests will be permitted during the first week we are open so that we help ensure availability of the club to our members. After we evaluate the first week’s attendance numbers, we may lift the No Guest policy. Have patience with us. We are in a pandemic and we need to keep our members and staff safe and we need to make sure our club is available for our members first.
- Each day will be divided into two sessions, a morning session and an afternoon session. The morning session will be from Opening until 2:30. At 2:30, all members present will have to leave the facility for 30 minutes so that the facility can be deep cleaned. The second session will begin at 3:00 and continue until closing. Members who came in the morning session are welcome back in the afternoon session, but we do need to close the operation for 30 minutes for proper cleaning.
- Do not come to the club if you have a fever or the other well-documented symptoms of COVID-19. Please be considerate to your fellow members’ health.
- The lap pool will have designated lap swim times in the early mornings (M, Wed, F from 6:00 am to 7:30) and in the late afternoon (everyday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm). During all other hours, only two swim lanes will be available so that our members can spread out and use more than the main pool for socializing.
- Social distancing signs will be placed around the facility to encourage and regularly remind members that social distancing is one important and effective way to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Furniture will be socially distanced and asked that it is not moved around on deck.
- Social distancing marks will be posted on deck in high traffic areas, concessions, and entryways. For everyone’s health and safety, please respect and use these markings.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed by the club entrance, tennis courts entrance, tennis courts shed and concession stand.
- The Swimsafe management team will be using the Wyshiwash system for disinfecting chairs each day.
- The Swimsafe Staff will be focusing on sanitizing high touch areas every two hours and as needed.
- A bathroom-cleaning log will be posted and initialed during each cleaning.
- Swimsafe will be using EPA approved cleaning supplies and enhanced PPE for staff.
Staff Health Checks and Safety
- Staff will record their own temperatures on-site before each shift and will stay home if experiencing any symptoms.
- Swimsafe staff will be wearing facemasks.
- The basketball court and gaga pit will be close when the season opens and may remain closed. The Board of Directors will re-evaluate those closures in July.
- The grills for members to prepare hot food at the club will be available. You will need to bring your own utensils and you will need to clean the surfaces when you are done using the equipment.
- Use of restrooms – if possible please arrive in your swimsuit and leave in your swimsuit in order to help reduce traffic in the restrooms.
Concession Stand Protocols
- We will be offering a limited menu with mostly prepackaged foods this season.
- No hot items will be sold with the exception of soft pretzels and nachos.
- The staff has been trained on the FDA best practices for concession services.
- Contactless payments via credit cards are encouraged but will also be accepting cash payments.
Social Distancing at the Concession Area
- The tables in the outside concession area will be spaced apart and only members from the same household are encouraged to sit at each table.
- Cones will be placed at the concession area window to visually remind everyone to space themselves appropriately as they wait to place their order and pick up their food.
For the 2020 season, our swim league has cancelled all in-person meets. Instead of our typical season, we will hold a six-week swim & dive clinic.
- Swim groups take place at 8:30, 9:30, or 10:30 am and dive groups will be 8:30 and 9:30. Depending on the number of swimmers and divers who sign up, practices may be Monday through Friday OR will be split into two groups, one that comes Mon-Wed-Fri and another Tue-Thu-Sat
- Swim groups will be limited to 2 swimmers per lane, and swimmers will start from opposite ends
- Dive groups will be limited to 6 each
- Swimmers & divers should come to the clinic and leave the clinic in their suits and avoid locker room use.
This is intended to make you aware that if you enter the TPSTC Tennis facilities you are agreeing to follow these guidelines, for your safety as well as others on the court. Your safety is our top priority. Our courts are not monitored 24/7 so it is up to everyone to comply and to help others do the same, so we can retain the privilege of having this place available to exercise, relieve stress, and socialize (at a safe distance!!)
- Keys and access: access to courts will only be allowed during club open hours. We are not providing or selling keys for after-hours access at this time.
- Community balls, ball machines, racquets and hoppers will not be available for public use.
- The water fountain and water jug will not be provided. Please bring your own water.
- All players are required to maintain a minimum of six (6) feet from each other and from the pros when entering or exiting the courts and while playing.
- No more than 4 people per court.
- Socializing, congregating or gathering courtside is prohibited.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the gate from the swim club into the tennis courts. Please sanitize your hands before and after play.
- Masks will be worn by staff when in close proximity to members.
- While not mandatory, we strongly encourage members to wear masks.
- Players should stay on their side of the court and avoid changing ends.
- We will limit play to small groups programs, member use of courts and private lessons with our staff.
- For all children under age 12, one parent or guardian should be on premises to help reinforce safety requirements.
- The club may choose to utilize every other court if demand exceeds our ability to maintain safety requirements.
- Minimize touching the tennis balls. All balls should be picked up with tubes or hoppers only. Although there is no specific evidence that tennis balls can spread COVID-19, we know that contamination by respiratory droplets from an infected person can potentially survive on hard surfaces up to 3 days.
- For private lessons involving serving, players will be asked to bring two cans of balls to be used by player only for serving drill (player should mark them for easy identification).
- Please refrain from touching gates, fences, or windscreens.
- No teams or organized events at this time.